Working with Us
As an independent advisor, we make your best interests the heart of our financial planning services. Even if your current investment plan is disorganized or unclear, we can help you create a solid strategy for financial stability and wellbeing. Our process together will be tailored to your situation, and will most likely include the following steps:
- Help you organize: Before our first meeting, we’ll send you a questionnaire to assist you with organizing your financial information and reflecting on your goals and concerns.
- Get to know each other: You’ll be invited to a complimentary initial consultation. During this meeting, we will review your questionnaire together, discuss topics that are important to you, and clarify what you’re looking for in a financial advisor. You’ll also learn who we are, including an overview of our core values and the services we offer. Through our conversation and the information you provide, we will give you a clear understanding of our fees based on your unique situation and needs.
- Fill in the missing pieces: After our introductory meeting, you’ll receive a list of any additional information we’ll need from you to begin crafting your custom plan.
- Review your personalized plan: Once you gather the necessary material, we’ll continue on our journey with you toward financial health and stability as we design and complete your custom financial plan. This will include a current net worth statement, investment review and allocation recommendations, retirement income projection, educational funding evaluation, insurance analysis, income tax considerations and an estate plan assessment.
- Take healthy proactive steps: Once we’ve discussed a course of action that you feel confident and comfortable about, you’ll begin implementing changes to refine and simplify your financial picture. We’ll make sure you understand your investment choices as we assist you in strategically allocating your money in ways that make sense to you.
- Stay connected and focused: You can contact us anytime with ideas or questions, and we’ll work to educate and equip you to handle life’s changes. In addition to these informal contacts, we will also typically schedule an annual meeting with you to review and update your financial plan and investments, and measure progress toward your goals.
How we help:
At Inman Financial Services, we partner with you to build a healthy financial future and empower you to make wise decisions that reflect your dreams and goals. We work with a variety of investment products, and we will recommend only the ones that are suited for your specific financial goals. Our services are designed to give you direction and peace of mind as we guide you toward financial wellness:
- Financial education equips and empowers you to make wise financial decisions every step of the way so you can move forward with confidence, knowledge, and determination.
- Retirement planning allows you to answer the big question: “Will I have enough money to provide a sufficient income that will last the rest of my life?” This gives you a clear picture of the cash flow you can expect to receive from all sources beginning at retirement throughout the rest of your life, including the effects of taxes and inflation. You’ll understand the amount of savings required to reach your goals, and you’ll be provided with proactive solutions to any projected shortfall in retirement income.
- Investment planning gives you a customized investment solution that meets your needs and suits your risk tolerance. Your well-diversified and cost-efficient plan involves elite money managers and companies that we regularly research and evaluate.
- Educational savings planning provides a realistic projection of your children’s education costs, how much you’ll need to save to accomplish that goal, and the high-quality investment options available to you. We’ll assist you in positioning assets to maximize the availability of scholarships, grants and loans.
- Income tax review helps ensure that your financial decisions are being made as tax-efficiently as possible.
- Insurance review includes evaluations of your life, health, long-term care, and disability insurance policies. You’ll learn about the appropriate types of insurance and coverage levels to match your situation, and discover potential ways to cut costs.
- Estate planning assists you with examining your will, beneficiaries, trust, health-care directives and personal estate goals, and recommends modifications where appropriate. If you need to create or revise these items, we’ll give you an overview of the available options and connect you with our network of trusted professionals.
Investment costs and fees:
An important component in your financial health is understanding investment costs and keeping them low. Investment charges and expenses that appear to be small or are overlooked can compound over time and significantly decrease your rate of return. It is often difficult to truly uncover and analyze the less obvious costs of a specific investment or portfolio. Yet this a crucial part of evaluating and comparing your investment choices.
We’ll help you clearly discern the total costs associated with each investment, including the fees you pay us. We’ve chosen to work on a fee basis through Inman Financial Services, our Registered Investment Advisory firm. We’ll help you review your investment expenses and the impact they have on your financial strength so that you can confidently determine how you want your money allocated.